12 May, 2007

What's the big deal with sports on tv?

I've realized that I really don't like watching sports on tv. Seriously. I like playing some sports sometimes. But even then, I get too competitive. So, it's better for me if I play only for fun! For example, this semester I had to take two kinesiology classes, so I took tai chi and racquetball!! I had so much fun! There was no pressure to win (at racquetball, tai chi isn't competitive!! hehehe) and I loved it.
I will however watch the big games like the superbowl or the basketball championship game, only for social reasons though. It's fun to watch them with friends, but just to sit down and watch a game on tv is not my idea of a great way to pass the time.
Final note, I do like to watch sport games in person, if someone I know is playing! Like when the kids I babysit play in their games, or when Brent used to play.
Ok, I'm done.

4 Comments:

At 5/12/2007 11:05 PM , Blogger Susie Moore said...

It was so great seeing you tonight! We need to do it again soon. Love you friend.

 
At 5/23/2007 5:25 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

I agree. I'm not a fan of t.v. sports. I'm also not a fan of a live sports game unless I know the people playing. I do enjoy watching my students play games. However, my most favorite part of the entire game is the snack bar. Mmmmm, nachos, frito pie, cotton candy, popcorn, hotdogs, snow cones....and the list could go on.

 
At 5/28/2007 11:27 PM , Blogger Ana Schaetzle said...

I don't care for games in general with the exception of BRAZILIAN SOCCER GAMES. How I miss them!! You know, soccer is a big deal in Brazil and in my family it is always an excuse to get together and PARTY!! I DO MISS IT!! And here we don't even have a TV so I check out my favorite soccer team news on the web... Not the same but I'm surviving...

 
At 6/08/2007 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog something!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home