18 July, 2006

back from Africa

ok, so... I've been away for a while!
I made a B in my spanish class... I was really wanting an A, but I'm pleased with a B considering I took the final a week early which brings me to my next point..... I went to North Africa! For about a week and a half. It was definantly very different than what I expected. I learned so much about the Islamic faith and how it effects the lives of people, or rather, the lack of effect it has on people. There is so much corruption, so much abuse towards women, and oppression of women, and so much lack of peace. It made me see MY faith in Jesus in a whole new way. I realized the power of His love and grace through a whole new, or rather a better, pair of eyes.

After the trip I stayed with Jason and Rachel in Maryland for 5 days! It was SOOOO much fun!
I saw D.C., part of Pennsylvania (which was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!) , a little bit of Baltimore, and other amazing places around Carroll County! Me and Rach spent an afternoon at Morgan Run, an amazing hiking trail unlike anything I've really seen before. As I was splashing in a creek Rachel saw a snake in the water and it scared the mess out of me! That stupid snake ruined what was otherwise a perfect afternoon. Though, God did teach me a little lesson out of it. I also got to babysit the Burch girls one night, and that was SOOOOO much fun!

I had a great time and now I've gotta start getting ready for going back to college...
I'll keep ya posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home