23 October, 2005

Weekend Fun!

Hey all! Sorry it's been so long since I've last said anything, BUT that's because I've been out of town.
On Thursday afternoon I finally took my first road trip driving by myself!!! This is a landmark, I assure you, in my life. My parents have never let me drive past Nac., but, this has changed now. I got to drive to ETBU!!! Granted, the drive was only to Marshall, but it was great...it was...freedom. I got to Danielle's place (where I stayed for the weekend), met her roommates Jordan, Katie, and Michelle, and at about 6:30pm and then went to Brent's basketball practice with Jennifer Conn. That night Michelle made us a GREAT dinner and then me and Danielle went to the 9:00pm showing of Wallace and Gromit. When the movie was done, we went to the 'float barn' where various clubs and organizations were working on their floats for the Saturday morning homecoming parade. We, of course, did not do any actual work other than observe others hard at work, or not so hard at work.
Friday I went to 2 classes with Danielle (both of which were AWESOME!!! I'm SOOOO excited about transfering) and I also got to meet all of the psychology professors and then had lunch with my big bro. That afternoon, Danielle showed me around Marshall and we went to Walmart, a book store and two antique shops. That night, me and the girls (minus Katie) went to Longview to eat at this really great restaurant. We got back home and met up with Danielle's friend Lori. THEN we went to a bonfire which was basically a gathering for single Baptist college kids to take pictures and try to find their soul mate, I assume. Though, there was this one guy who played some rap music and had a rather large gathering at his vehicle...he was so proud. Saturday was the official homecoming day. There was a parade at 11:00am (very cool) and Jordan and Michelle were in it. They were SOOOOO cute! Then, I randomly re-met two brothers that I knew when I was little (one of them graduated from ETBU, and the other is currently attending). Oh, and finally the BIG GAME!!!!! I sat by Lacy Reed and Jennifer Conn for the first half, and then I left during the third quarter. The game was kind of exciting, but when I left they were winning, and some how by the end, they lost. Oh well, life goes on. I had to leave ETBU by 4:30pm because I had a mandatoroy concert at 7:30pm I had to go to for a class. The drive home was just as relaxing and beautiful as the drive up and I made it in 1:45hr (did I write that right?).
Well, that's about it....I had a GREAT weekend! It was fun, and makes me REALLY excited about transfering in the spring. The girls that I stayed with were SOOOO nice and they really made the weekend so enjoyable and I felt so at home with them. Thanks to all of you who prayed for me. God truly blessed me.

4 Comments:

At 10/23/2005 8:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

so, what cha' got against the 'singles bonfire?'...HAHA...no, i'm not kidding! I WAS SOO THERE!

but for real, i enjoyed hanging out with you (the little time i saw you). I'm excited about you coming to ETBU. love you! and see you this weekend!!!!
-Jenn

 
At 10/23/2005 10:18 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

I'm so glad you came Brit. We are all in agreement that you can come back anytime. I hope to see you soon. I have enjoyed building a friendship with you since this summer. I'm sure it will continue.

 
At 10/26/2005 11:09 AM , Blogger Natalie Jansen said...

Hey Dear!! I am so happy for you and so glad that God has blessed you with the opportunity to go to ETBU! And you were very blessed to get to spend so much time with Danielle! :o) She's such an awesome person!! I'm very happy for you. God bless, and I love you!

 
At 10/27/2005 3:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI MY DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW ARE YOU???
ALL OF US ARE MISS YOU...!!! SORRY...MY ENGLISH IS VERY VERY BAD....heheheheehehehehe!!!!
I love you...thankĀ“s for everything...
A BIG KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...
Ah!!! My blogger...and the church...
www.di_deus.nafoto.net
www.eusoubatista.nafoto.net
MARCELA
Bataguassu...Mato Grosso do Sul.......Brasil....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home