13 October, 2005

More about the adventures of what is called 'life'

I wish I were better with words, and better at expressing myself in writing...but, for now, you'll just have to suffer through my "you know what i mean" and "I hope this makes sense" statements.

So, these past few days, I really have been feeling like God has been speaking to me in the little things in life...those moments that seem pointless at the time, but when you look back on them, they seem to just scream at you 'PAY ATTENTION.'
1. I went to Applebee's with some casual friends late at night (when the bar is full, and the restaraunt is not), and I totally felt like I was all alone.
2. I was walking around Angelina College feeling like I have no real 'friends' that I can actually find, so I went to my mom's office just to hang with her during my break so I wouldn't be alone.
3. I went to Brookshire Bro.s down the street today...the whole time I was there, I kept running into people I knew that go to Hudson and all I could think was "I don't wanna be here."
4. I don't like going to Livewell during the day because a lot of people are there, and so to NOT be rude, you have to make meaningless smalltalk, so I just go late at night when the club is almost empty.
But, the ironic thing is that I've actually enjoyed not being around people so much lately. I am totally finding myself in these types of situations quite often, when I just really want to be alone, or with my mom. For me, this is a TOTALLY 180 (degree) turn around from my normal outgoing self.
So, these "pay attention" signs......I feel like what God is trying to show me is a few things.
1. I don't have to have people in my life to make me happy....I can totally just be alone, and I'm ok with myself. I don't find my identity in other people.
2. We weren't meant for this earth......we were created for another home, another country I believe that's the way that C.S. Lewis describes it.
So, of course I feel 'alone' and out of place here on earth because we were created for another place. But, this feeling surfaces especially at places where I feel like I am being spiritually oppressed, and definantly where there are spiritual battles occuring that God is letting me feel their presence. I know that I am not alone, because the Holy Spirit and Christ are within us, but alone in the sense of not having another Christian friend to be there for us to lean on each other.

I'm not sure why I'm experiencing this kind of desire to be anit-social, but it doesn't matter...I just wanted to write out my feelings and to let you all know if I seem kind of stand-off-ish, it's nothing personal, it's just what I'm going through right now. I just really have no desire to make small talk, but usually when I get into good conversations, they end up to be spiritual and very deep.

PS -
OK, just as I was reading over this, I realized how ridiculous this sounds, I mean, all of these were opportunities I could have taken to share the love of Christ......so why didn't I?

2 Comments:

At 10/14/2005 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, the lonliness of the prophet.

Show love always, Brit, but remember that walking in faith with an eternal perspective always creates an appetite for deeper things.

Glad to hear your hunger pains.

Love ya!

jf

 
At 10/18/2005 7:49 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

I know how you feel. I felt that way the entire time I was in Lufkin this summer. I found myself choosing to be alone rather than being involved in something pointless

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home